Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Has Finally Arrived at the Cliffords


My favorite heirloom from my Mom. I probably already blogged this but - here goes again. My Mom had an ongoing tradition that started before she moved out of her Jefferson Street home (which by the way looks awful). She made a list of her most treasured possessions and asked us to put down in numerical order what we wanted to inherit from her. It was often heard, "When you die....." Sounds morbid I know but my kids do it now, too! We have fun with it.

This is the Nativity Set that I put as NUMBER 1 on my list of things I wanted from my Mom's house. I asked her, "Mom, if something is not on the list can I still put it as Number 1?" My brothers and sisters were not happy that I wanted something that was not on the list!!!! What was it??? Did they want it??? Because it was something that only came out of the attic at Christmas time it never made it onto the list - but - I used to stand in front of the Nativity scene on Hoyt Street just looking at the beautiful statues. I think her Uncle Mario made the stable and her Uncle Ray painted it. I just called my cousin, Mary Lynn and she is going to double check the Uncle Mario part!

Anyway - when Mom moved to the condo she gave me the nativity set - I still love it to pieces.

No comments: