Saturday, June 19, 2010

Family and Shows

We saw lots of family at the funeral this week - of course we all decided never to miss another year without getting together - but you know how that goes - weddings and funerals.

It was a nice time to see two of our nieces and my sister from Tulsa - we don't get enough hugs, smiles, and kisses from them. It was so nice to talk with them about their future plans and tell them we love them. Jim and Cindy showed us a slide show if their Mission trip to Cuba. Cindy has been at her sons house and then her mom's house for a few weeks and she was home last night - I like it when she is home! Mary Lynn went over to spend the night, too - I'm glad she stayed. I missed Kathy and Larry though.

The show in Frankenmuth was HOT HOT HOT yesterday - and it looks as if today will be the same - but at least all the storms were down south of the show so maybe when we get there today our tent will still be standing!

I Sold a good number of dishes - there was this really great cobalt blue bowl shaped like a fish and I was so glad it sold - it needed a good home - it was my favorite piece on the table. Today my goal is to sell the beautiful pink glass bowl with a spoon with beautiful Swarovski pink beads. I don't like having pieces that are so special to pack away.

Well off I go - time to find a few more dishes in the basement to take with me - I noticed I didn't have near enough glass dishes to sparkle in the sunshine.

No comments: