Sunday, September 2, 2018

Having Fun

A friend asked on Facebook for people to sponsor his students at the new Woodley Academy at the St. Stephen's site of St. Dominic's.

This is what he asked:

Prayers for the student throughout the year
$9 to buy a Scholastic book each month
Cards for holidays and birthdays for the student

Within an hour he had over 50 people asking to sponsor one of his 25 students.

I immediately pulled out and offered to sponsor his classroom as a whole. Last week I took over these for his class.

Plastic jar filled with note cards for memories that the teacher will read the last week of school.



Ice breaker for the first week. Find a friend sheets of paper for each student. List with spots to put student's names by like:

Likes to fish
Has birthday in the same month as you
Can whistle
Plays a musical instrument


Class Coupons for things such as:

Be line leader
Read aloud
No homework
Chew gum


This week I will take him a class group project on inventions. Pat and I went to The Scrapbox to get recycables that could be used to create inventions Then I filled 5 large metal pans with the same inventory and wrote a lesson plan.



It's been fun. I told the teacher he should let me know if he wants any other things.



No comments: