Monday, February 25, 2008

A Whirlwind Travel Weekend

So on Saturday our travels continued - we went to Mt. Pleasant looking for treasures. I found two cake plates - one darling little pink glass one that a small cake (like Bill Knapp's used to have)would be perfect on and a pretty white china one with grey and pink flowers. I don't know why I continue to buy cake plates - they don't sell that well - but some of them just jump out at me and I love them - and the price was right.

On Sunday we were driving out of the church parking lot and Pat and I looked at each other and started laughing - it was such a beautiful day - very mild - still tons of snow piles and the sun was shining - off we went to Lansing. We stopped at Goodwill on the way into Lansing - I bought a beautiful deep purple coat for $14 - We stopped at the Antique Mega Mall - din't find anything there. We got close to Pat's sister's house and we called her and asked if she wanted to go out to lunch. We went to Flap Jacks - had a sandwich and then she went with us to a couple more antique stops. It was a very nice day. So - for a tank of gas over the weekend we did a lot of driving.

A twin update - they had a busy weekend - the little baby, Paul, had to have some surgery on his bowels and Rett has had trouble with circulation in one of his legs - all in all - they seem to be doing okay now. Ells Bells was discharged from the hospital and even though it is hard to be away from the boys she needs to have a couple of really good sleep nights. You know you never sleep in a hospital. So our prayers are with them - keep them in yours.

Yuk - our travels are over - back to work - ME

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I know what Goodwill you are talking about and I like that Antique mall! Every now and then I get treasures there.....My house is full and currently I don't need anything.....I don't enjoy anquiques as much unless I'm on a mission......I guess I need a bigger house...