Tuesday, July 7, 2020

WW Rambling


It's humbling to be an Inspiration to someone else - But using WW people do ask what my secret is - let me tell you - it's not a secret - I follow the plan. I never give up. I gain and then I lose and then I gain and then I lose, but in the last three years from the weight I started on day one to the weight I am today, I've lost 126 lbs. I feel so much better.  I'm happier.  I'll never quit going to WW.  I'm a Lifetime member and it will always be part of my life. 





My friend's daughter, (actually she is my friend too) just joined WW and she asked for my input - this is what I sent her:

Take pictures for before and after shots

Track every bite, lick, taste

Measure and/or weigh all foods

Zero point foods are not free - when you look a food up it has a recommended serving size

Whatever foods are important to you, find a way to have them. I wanted a glass or two of wine every night with dinner. So, I did. Then my sister came for a visit and I saw how much food she was eating. Cut back on wine lol. I also pretrack a nightly snack.

I'm a volume eater - so when I look for snacks I want the ones that have a high number per serving.

Everyone is different - that's why WW works. My coach can eat tons of watermelon. I gain if I eat too much fruit. I can eat tons of peppers though.

Prepping my food is the key for me. I have 
A 11 x 16 Rubbermaid container that I line with paper towels, fill with salad (do not cut tomatoes just use small grape tomatoes). Top with paper towels and close it. Store in refrigerator. Enough salad for 8 -10 large servings.

Use a good olive oil - don't get rid of oils all together your body needs good fats

I'm really good at replacing items in a recipe to make it lower in points - let me know if you need help with any.

Before I go to a restaurant I look up their menu online and if it is a chain I look it up in the apt too. Then I make a plan. I put the items in the tracker. Go to the restaurant and always ask for dressing on the side (or I ask for lemon wedges instead of dressing) baked instead of fried, etc. Then afterwards I use the option to make the entry a meal. I name it  (begin with number 1 to keep all meals at the top - then the name of the restaurant to keep all the meals from each restaurant together then describe well. Then I have choices already figured out on a moment's notice. 

Groceries - mostly Meijer
We eat salmon a lot - we get the one with Crab Stuffing and put TJ Chili Lime seasoning on it
Fage FF Greek Yogurt - best consistency
       Use it for parfaits, sauces, 2 ingredient dough
Laughing Cow Cheese
        In place of cream cheese - on sandwiches, 
        in sauces, in scrambled eggs, in dips
G. Hughes products
         Ketchup, BBQ sauce, marinades, sweet chili
         sauce - salad dressing but I haven't found it
Ka-ME Hokkien stir fry noodles 
          Only found at one Meijers, but I love them.
           2 packets - I use one for the two of us
Walden Farms salad dressing
           Either you hate them or love them, but... 0 pts
           and you can add them to yogurt with Laughing
           Cow Cheese and spices to make dip. I like
            The Honey Mustard on my salad
All the fruits and vegetables you can buy
            I peel, cut & roast 6 pounds carrots each week
            Roast corn right in the husks (Pinterest Sides)
            Then  store in refr right in husks & microwave
Snacks
             Nabisco Corn Thins
             Popcorners Flex BBQ protein crisps
             Snyder Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks
              Popcorners Spicy Queso
              ActII popcorn
Amazon
              Devotion Angel Food Protein powder
                     I add this to whatever I'm baking
               Jordan's skinny coffee foam
                      Sugar free salted Caramel
Trader Joes:
Black Bean and corn enchilada frozen
Cibatta rolls - worth every damn point
Chicken wantons frozen - add to stir fry or soup
Everything but the bagel EBTB spice
Chili Lime seasoning
Olive Oil with attached spout
Krinkle cut squash to make fries

No comments: