Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oh Heavens, Mary Lynn!!!

Mary Lynn, my cousin, mentioned we should create a Kindle book of Aunt Bernice's letters she wrote to her brothers during WWII. She had a few friends read the original book we put together and they really enjoyed it. I gave one to my friend, Olympia, because she was a friend of my aunts. She has let her family and a few friends read her copy and she said they really liked it. So, I thought that creating an ebook was a good idea!!!!

However, I just pulled out the book we put together in 1985. Mary Lynn chose which letters to use and edited them. I used my Apple IIe with Screenwriter software on floppy disks to create the book. I cannot believe how much word processing was involved and how little the font is in the book.

I don't even know how I could have had time to put that book together. Joanna and Caroline were in elementary school. During that year I was working on a chemistry book for a professor at Delta College. I was a part time secretary to two non profit organizations and did word processing out of my home. Not to mention, working at Blessed Sacrament part time in the learning center. I must have had a lot of energy back then!

I wonder if I know anyone who has a scan to document program so I wouldn't need to enter the whole book from scratch. Anyone reading this call me if you know someone who has that software, PLEASE!

No comments: