Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Thursday

The service on Holy Thursday was very moving. The music was beautiful, the readings were heartfelt, the foot washing was life changing. This was the first time that I have seen so many women come forward. So many women over the age of 80 which made me think of my Mom and how she never would have come forward for the foot washing - but how I rubbed her feet in the afternoon when she was so ill and how I felt I was part of something much larger than life itself.

To see Fr. Jack on his knees, lovingly washing and serving the parishioners was seeing the Gospel in action. If you know Fr. Jack - you know what I'm saying here - it is amazing how during a service that there is a presence about him. Sometimes the moment is so reverent and holy that I have to catch my breath. I count my blessings that we can be part of this parish at this time in our lives. And then there is the Jack I love to see after liturgy - and usually not much reverence about him then! But he makes me smile.

No comments: