Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mini Vacation

Well, we had our four-day weekend and it was wonderful. We went up north to Houghton Lake and then over to Tawas. We stayed the night at the Tawas Beach Resort and found out that our friend John’s band, Small Change, was playing in the lounge that evening. It was fun being there when the band came in to set up and we surprised him sitting there waiting for them. We had a blast – one of the patrons was dressed up as Frankenstein (or as Jim at work corrected me: Dr. Frankenstein’s Monster) – an unbelievable costume that kept us all laughing all night long.

On Saturday, we went to our friends, Jim and JoAnn, who have a cabin in AuGres and met Bill and Amy there and we (the guys) raked and (I) burned leaves – an annual tradition. We love the smell of burning leaves and JoAnn feeds us until we are ready to burst. We had an enjoyable day catching up with them.

Then back home and on Sunday after church we went to Bringers for breakfast with Jan and Jim and Bill and Amy and Vince and Olympia. Then Pat and I drove to Mt. Pleasant, Clare and Blanchard going to antique stores. That was a lot of fun and I found silver-plated flatware to use in my Second Serving business.

On Monday we chilled out – took the van in to have some minor work done. When we got the van back we drove to Bay City and our vacation was done. I slept too much on Sunday so I got up at 2:00 am and wrapped spoons for a couple of hours. Then – back to work. I picked up Robbie from school after work and everything is back to same old same old.

I stopped at Goodwill on the way home – I found the greatest quilted Fall jacket for $3.00 – yeah – I love it when I find such a good deal.

Jane called me yesterday morning on my way in to work to say that she is on her way to New York for a conference and Sarah is going to meet her there. What fun! I would love to be there with them!

Okay – that’s all for now - ME

1 comment:

Jane said...

Here I am in NYC and Sarah left here this morning. We had so much fun together - wish you WERE here!