Friday, June 1, 2018

Banana Pumpkin Muffins



Anything in the Refrigerator Muffins



These are delicious. Just right with a salad for lunch. 1 Freestyle pt for one. 3 pts for two.




In my book, "Enough Kindness to Fill an Empty Heart" Rebecca calls this the Anything in the Refrigerator Muffin.  I love baking this muffin.  I've used many different combinations:

zucchini and carrots
zucchini and black cherries
carrots and applesauce
carrots and blueberries
peaches and blueberries

Sometimes I only add one egg, depending on how wet the ingredients are when I mix them all together.  Sometimes I bake them for 60 minutes instead of 50 and even leave them in the oven when they are done for awhile.  This is a very forgiving recipe.

When they are cool I turn them upside down on a cooling rack until the bottom dries.  Then I put them in a Rubbermaid container with paper towel on the bottom and in between layers.  I store them in the refrigerator and we have one or two for a night snack warmed up with Reddi Whip.  It makes for a delicious snack.  1 muffin is 1 point - 2 muffins are 3 points.

No comments: