Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Thursday

I wonder how I would have reacted if Jesus wanted to wash my feet. I think it depends on what age and what experiences I may have had.

I remember when I was little I got the chance to see the play Peter Pan. Everyone was offered the chance to go to the stage to make Tinkerbell okay at the end of the play. I didn't go. Afterwards I was so upset that I didn't take that "chance" to do something I wasn't sure of that it made a profound difference in my life.

As I was growing up I found myself raising my hand when a volunteer was requested from the audience or in the classroom. However, I still like to be in the background instead of in the limelight. I would rather stage the art environment instead of leading the prayer service. I do hope though that I would have said "Yes, my Lord!" if He asked to wash my feet.

May this Holy Thursday be a blessed day for you.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: