Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Travels

We went to Ann Arbor on Friday and had a chance to play with the twins again. They are so much fun. Pat did some plumbing with Everett and I got to sing songs, play patty cake, kiss and snuggle with the boys and talk with Ells. It was so nice - I wish they lived closer.

On Saturday we went for a ride to find dishes and I only found one on a very, very long ride. We won't be going on a treasure hunt that way anymore. Most of the shops seemed to be closed - we decided to go to Mt. Pleasant on Sunday. So after church off we went. However, I only found a few to purchase there, too.

Most of the prices have gone up at the antique stores and the thrift stores do not have much to choose from - I'm thinking that nobody is donating anything and the garage sales this summer are going to be where I will have to find dishes. I think we will clean out the basement and make a big donation to Goodwill. Of course we would have to STAY HOME to do that and if you read this blog on a regular basis you know the van calls to us and says "Let's go for a ride!" All the time!

You will see by my next post what I did all weekend in the car - READ BOOKS!

I did find some really great beads at Joanne's this weekend - I am going to wrap knives for an hour before I go to work - so I better get going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish we lived closer to you too!