Friday, January 16, 2009

Grissom's Last Show


Well - the VCR taped everything but the last 10 minutes of CSI - I know you think, just like Jan always did, that stupid in = stupid out - BUT in my defense - I HATE THE VCR!!! I know we should get up to speed with technology - but - that costs money and I would rather drive with my honey 500 miles than spend it on something stupid. So Stupid is as Stupid does - MMMM.....

We went online this morning and watched the last ten minutes - it was really good. It ended just the way I wanted it to - when was the last time that happened on a show?

Thank God it is Friday - I hate LONG weeks after the holidays give us time off - and - we get MONDAY - YEAH! And my New Year's resolution of never being at work a whole week without time off is already broken - I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my time sheet with NO TIME OFF for the whole two weeks - YUCK!

So - a goodbye party for one of the sgts at work tonight - I will miss the little poop - it seems as if so many people are leaving right now - it makes it harder to keep on working when your friends keep leaving.

Our contract was ratified this week - I can't say how happy I am that it does not expire until I will be gone - if we had been getting contracts on time I would have had three contracts to lose benefits in - now I can leave with just one hit to health care - I have to really count that blessing - who knows what will happen in the next contract?

It has been so cold lately - right now it is -4 degrees - and that is not the wind chill factor. I can't wait for our trip to Arizona to see my brother Larry - we will welcome the warm weather that is for sure.

3 comments:

Pursued by Truth said...

Oooh I went online and watched the episode. I have not watched the show in forever but Grissom was my absolute favorite when I would watch it with my friends in college. The ending was so PERFECT! I was just wondering - "what happened to -----" and boom she appeared!

chuwilli said...

Grissom is from North Side Chicago. My adopted home town.

Jane said...

I loved the ending! We're big Grissom fans so we looked forward to seeing how he would exit.

(But we're even bigger 24 fans - love that show!)

BTW, sis - we finally forked over for a DVR (actually I talked them in to giving it to us free, then small monthly payments) and we absolutely love it! When I mentioned to a friend that I was afraid we'd watch more TV, she said it helps you watch quality TV because you don't end up watching junk just because you're relaxing for the evening. She was right. When I go home tonight I'll get to watch as much of the inaugural events as I want to (I love the FFWD button!)