Monday, September 28, 2015

Holy Father in Philadelphia





My niece asked for our favorite moments of the Holy Father's visit - this is what I wrote to her on her Facebook post:

When he went unscripted speaking to the families he was so eloquent, so filled with love for the people. He should have been exhausted and totally rundown after 10 days of a schedule a young person would find difficult. Instead he looked rejuvinated, full of energy. 

He showed he understands family dynamics, about arguments (plates thrown) family relations (mother-in-law) - the things that happen in a family. 

However, this is my favorite: "Sometimes, at home, I see some of my collaborators who come into work with dark circles under their eyes. They have a baby who is a month old, or two moths old, and I ask them, "You didn’t sleep?" "Oh no, he cried all night long." In families, there are difficulties, but these difficulties are overcome with love. Hate doesn’t overcome any difficulty. Division of hearts doesn’t overcome any difficulty. Only love is capable of overcoming difficulties. Love is a festival. Love is joy. Love is to keep moving forward."

No comments: