Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Charles F. Shea Singing Rosalie

An AndRecorder recording by MESClifford - AndRecorder
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8


I found the words - I have been looking for years - tonight I Googled Rosalie my darling instead of Rosalie and there they wete! It was a Sammy Kaye song:

Rosalie, my darling
Rosalie, my dream
Since one night when stars danced above
I'm oh, oh, so much in love
So, Rosalie have mercy
Rosalie don't decline
Won't you make my life thrilling
And tell me you're willing
To be mine
Rosalie, mine

10 comments:

Fran said...

Such a beautiful voice..can't believe the quality of the recording from the 50s...wish you had one with an Irish song.

mesc said...

I know - we have one more but the quality isn't as good. I'm so happy this one worked.

Jane said...

Wow! And it's been viewed 367 times in 6 days! I'm gonna put this link on my desktop and play it about 100 times a day.

mesc said...

Don't you just love it when his solo is done and everyone claps?

Elizabeth Clare said...

This is so beautiful! I love it so much.

theresagnes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pursued by Truth said...

this is beautiful!!!!!!

Pursued by Truth said...

i can't hear the clapping at the end tho, am i missing it?

mesc said...

It is in the middle after his solo as the chorus joins in - I can picture him in my mind being so pleased he performed his part well. I loved it when my Dad smiled!

Mary Andrews said...

I would recognize his voice anywhere, how beautiful. At least it didn't make me cry like Ave Maria.