Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lots of stores very few dishes

We drove to Port St. Joe yesterday. We stopped at several Goodwills on the way. For some reason the stores in this area do not have a housewares area. Instead the put all there housewares on top of their clothes racks. I am just over 5 feet tall and several times I have to go up on my toes to see something - it is very annoying. Anyway we only found a few dishes.

But the ride was nice. We saw lots of jets taking off and landing while driving through the Tyndell AFB area. We saw a small community that looked like a ghost town. It looks brand new - with very modern store fronts, small waterfalls, restaurants, condoes - no cars and we only saw two people - it was like being in the twilight zone. When we got to Port St. Joe we saw a restaurant called Joe Mama! It made us think of our friend back home that we always call Jo Mama.

Then Noreen took us out to dinner to watch the MSU/Iowa game. Good dinner - bad game. MSU never made up the 20 points from the beginning of the game.

Later today Noreen and I are going for pedicures. I know Carolina Moon and Joanna Balanna are laughing right now. They know I have a fit when someone tries to put those things between my toes because it tickles so bad. Can't wait to see if I survive this!

No comments: