Saturday, July 3, 2010

First Blueberry Pie

MMMMMmmmmm..... Our tenant, Marge and our next door neighbor, Juanita, went blueberry picking this morning - they came back and gave us enough berries for blueberry pie - the fruit was tart and the crust turned out great - mmmmm.... I know my friend Kay is cringing at the thought of ruining a good blueberry - but we loved it!

I spent the morning, with Pat's help, finishing up the dishes and knives from the Frankenmuth show - we had lots of bugs at the show and I didn't want to bring them in the basement so we left everything in the garage until I could get to them. Pat bullied me into doing it this morning and by the time we were done I thanked him - it has been on my mind but I just hate getting started!

Then we went for a nice drive - to the Wooden Shoe restaurant - it was a great drive but I don't think we would go just for the restaurant - even though we ate outside on the patio on the Tittabawassee River it was just an okay place. The Dockside in Bay City on the Saginaw Bay has us SPOILED.

No comments: