Sunday, October 11, 2009

Very Sad News

Leo Lynch died this weekend. I have such great memories of him all through my life. My favorite? Riding on his shoulders when I was in first grade. He was a young associate pastor and very active with the students at St. Mary Cathedral. We loved him as much as we loved our teacher, Sr. Yvonne. He came to our classroom a lot of times and he made us laugh.

In later years, after he had married Judy, they sat many times behind us at Liturgy - his voice reminded me of my Dad's and I loved hearing him sing. My Mom asked if he could sing Ave Maria at her funeral and he did - it was beautiful and exactly what she wanted - it meant so much to all of us.

Leo and Judy were mentors to our daughter Joanna and her then fiance Robin. Joanna and Robin had just graduated from high school and Robin was ready to leave for the Army - I felt that Judy and Leo wrapped them in love and wisdom to begin their marriage.

Many times when we saw Leo and Judy over the years we had our trips to Ireland as a common experience for us to talk about - I so enjoyed those discussions. Just two weeks ago we saw them at the Frankenmuth craft show - I am so glad we got to talk for a little bit.

Much love to Judy and their children - Leo will be missed by many.

No comments: