Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Selling My Wares

What a fun weekend – Pat and I were at the Frankenmuth Keepsake Craft Show selling my hostess sets. We met so many great people. We were setup next to three women selling beautifully hand woven blankets using a technique called Swedish Weaving. I kept telling them they needed to double their prices because I think they get about a penny an hour for their work. They were working on blankets during the show and after they start a blanket they don’t even have to look at the pattern – it was amazing! They were all friends from high school days – two from Flushing and one from Oscoda. They kept us laughing all weekend.

I sold so many hostess sets – it was the best show I’ve ever done. I can’t wait to go sell at more shows. It is most fun when someone keeps going around the tables and can’t decide which set to buy – then I know they like all the work and it just makes me smile. It was very funny – I didn’t sell any in the very early morning and very few in the late afternoon – but from Noon until 3 pm they sold like hotcakes.
Next weekend – the last Midland Antique Festival for the year, I hope the weather is just the same – sunny and warm with a slight breeze. Hope to see you there!

No comments: