Sunday, June 14, 2009

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!


OK - you are lucky to be reading this message - I very easily could have died yesterday. Joanna and Sheala MADE me drive on the Zilwaukee Bridge in Saginaw and I was almost on it when I realized where I was going (you have to know I usually never know where I am at when I am driving - thank goodness for the Garmin!) I have had a one woman protest about going over it at all - one time I went over it when someone else was driving - but I HATE it.

When it was built I think someone was on drugs because the whole thing had a droop in it. So the whole way over the bridge yesterday I was screaming, "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" Sheala, in her second week of drivers training, kept saying when she could drive she would be a better driver going over the bridge. Both Sheala and her mother couldn't stop laughing. It was a trip to say the least.

Anyway we had fun. We stopped at a book sale - buy one get one and they were only .50 or 1.00. It was a church book sale so there were lots of Christian books there - I found the first of the "Left Behind" series and Pat's cousins love the series so I thought I would buy the first one - I read 100 pages last night and I really like it - They had 5 or 6 of the other books in the series but I thought I would read the first one and decide - now I think even if I see number 10 again I won't buy it until I find number 2 and read that one - I like it when I have something specific to look for at garage sales!

Then we went to Goodwill and the books were .39 so Joanna and Sheala found lots to buy there. I got some cute dishes - and a new Calaphon griddle for $6 - so all in all - it was a good buy day.

And we DIDN'T drive back over the stupid bridge to come home.

No comments: