Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Michigan March

This weeks weather is why I love Michigan in March. 60 degree days filled with sunshine. On Saturday it was so beautiful we decided to go North. We stopped at Fabulous Finds to say hi to Julie and see my spoons. We went to the Fabulous Finds furniture store and bought a table to put next to the sofa in the living room. It is a mahogony style finish with a glass top. Perfect to sit my coffee cup on in the morning and not worry about ruining the finish. It was on sale for $45 - after seeing prices on the way to Phoenix and when we were out East in November you have to appreciate Michigan antique stores - the prices here are so affordable.

Then we went to St. Vincent De Paul and I couldn't believe it when I found a great gold metal frame with a green mat - the worker measured it for me and I thought it would work for the poster I bought at the Chihuly exhibit. So for the cost of a piece of mat board I purchased the frame for $25. I brought it home and realized it was from a first class frame store and when I put the poster in it fit perfect - it couldn't have been 1/8 of an inch smaller. The C in Chihuly at the top of the poster and the s in Seaforms on the bottom are exactly at the edge of the mat.

Yesterday it was another beautiful day in Michigan. I know the weather will get cold again - because it is March - but every day it gets closer to Spring which is so great in Michigan.

No comments: