Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weekend at the Antique Festival in Midland

Well, the weekend started out bad. Paula had an accident on her way to the festival and even though she is okay, it meant that I had the booth by myself. Pat stayed with me most of the weekend so I had help.

I sold quite a bit of the hostess gifts. The people selling antiques were not very happy with their sales. I think that people are just not spending money on extras. The hostess gifts were affordable - $10 for one or 2 for $15 for a pretty plate and wrapped knife to match, and everyone is still going to give Christmas gifts so it was a good deal.

I sent an email to people that put on the SVSU show but I haven't heard back. It would be nice to get into one more show. I looked into Arthur Hill but it is the same day as the Grandy Farm where I will be again this year on the first weekend in December.

I sent a note to Paula - she is doing fine - that is what was most important from the weekend.

No comments: