Sunday, May 6, 2018

New Phone Angst

It took me several times trying to get into this account. I would hate to lose all of my blogs! But I'm back.

My Samsung Galaxy7 started acting up for the third time. I had enough when I plugged it in to charge and the battery percentage started going down.

The person who always goes with me to buy a phone is in Ireland so Pat dropped me off and I was on my own.

After looking at a few Samsungs I told the clerk I love to take pictures and he said I should look at Google's Pixel XL. It was on sale so cheaper than a Samsung. The photos go right to Google photos. It is a bit bigger, but not too big. So I decided to get it. I double checked by calling my friend Amy who has one. She loves hers and said the added benefit is it doesn't have a ton of preloaded apps you can't get rid of - that was the best news.

So after buying it I had to wait for Pat to get back. I started setting it up and ran into trouble with only 7 of my contacts transferring. One of the Verizon employees waiting for someone to come in took the phone and within 20 seconds my contacts were there! Then for the first time ever my calendar was transferred too. I love the Verizon cloud.

Using it for the first day I already like it. The keyboard letters are not as close together, the screen is sharp and clear and it does take great pictures.

No comments: