Thursday, May 10, 2018

Meat Pie Makeover

Meat Pie Makeover - yum. My husband's family has a delicious French Canadian Meat Pie traditional recipe. They all love it. Potatoes, ground beef, beef fat.... Not Weight Watcher friendly. So I decided to give it a try for our dinner tonight. It was so delicious. It's not the original but we both liked it.

4 servings - 4 Freestyle points each 

I started with the 2-ingredient dough. Lessened the yogurt and added an egg. It was very sticky but workable. Add a little more flour on your hands as you make the ropes.

I always have ground turkey cooked and frozen in sandwich bags. I used one of those and added onions, celery and shredded zucchini. The spices are Mrs. Dash, salt, pepper, garlic, sage, celery seeds. Cook in pan until onions are translucent.

I added 2 Laughing Cow cheese wedges to add creaminess missing from not using fat.

I cooked the filling. Put it in a small casserole and put most of the crust on top. I used my fingers to pat it all over the filling. Then I made ropes out of leftover dough and put it around the pie to form the edge of the crust.

Bake 350 for 40 minutes.

1/2 cup self rising flour
1/3 cup Fage FF Greek yogurt
1 egg

Mix together. Knead in bowl. Will be sticky.

Cover 2 cups baby potatoes with water and microwave until tender. 

8 ounces cooked 99% FF ground turkey
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 cup shredded zucchini, drained
2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
The potatoes that you microwaved.

Seasoning: Salt, Pepper, Mrs. Dash, sage, garlic, celery seeds.

Bake 40 minutes at 350





No comments: