Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Cousins


I can't imagine my life without aunts and uncles and cousins. My aunt's and uncle's enriched my life while they were alive.  Family means so much to me.

My cousin Mary Lynn is more a sister than a cousin. If I need to ask a family history question Mary Lynn knows the answer. She was the first person to encourage me to write and offered to edit my first book. Twelve books later she still is the first person to read and edit each book.

The times I spent in Owosso with Elise, Roger and Rick or when they were staying with us we're the best of times. When we were little and my Dad was sick my little sister, Jane, and I sometimes stayed with Rob, Nancy, Sue, Mike and Ed. As we got older we had our family reunions at there house on the 4th of July and our children found out how wonderful extended families can be.

A few times our cousins came from California and it was such a celebration. It was the only time I remember seeing Grandma Brandi making the Palm Sunday spaghetti with ground walnuts sprinkled on top. I remember John, Maria and Jim visits would mean lots of family time which I loved.

My Dad was an only child so you would think that would mean no cousins. Wrong. We had Maureen and Kevin and Kerry. Their Dad was my Dad's cousin. I can't say how much it meant when their parents stepped in after my Dad died and included my sister Jane and me in so many good times. We also went to school together and the shenanigans Kerry and I caused still make me laugh.

Ed, Kevin, Elise, Maureen and Mike have passed away, even though they are still in my heart, I still miss each of them so much. 

No comments: