Saturday, March 10, 2018




We all have those moments. We followed the plan, piled up blue dots, went to the gym 6 days... weigh in day shows +.8 lbs. It can be so discouraging.  But wait, what if our results from what we did this week shows results in two weeks instead of one week?

When I have a good week, like recently -3.8, and someone says, "You did good this week!" I usually answer, "I follow the plan whether the scale shows it or not."

Don't get me wrong, I still get disappointed when I have a small gain. What I am most thankful for is when Celia weighed me in and saw that disappointment. She took the time to go over my past few weeks and show me how much weight I had lost during that time. It changed my perspective and gave me inspiration to go on.

Then that same meeting our wonderful leader, Barb, challenged us to set some goals for the next 40 days. It dawned on me while the discussion was going on that I have no control over the scale. I do have control over what I do on this journey. When I mentioned that, Barb asked everyone what we could do.

They gave such good ideas for the challenge.  Drink more water, achieve attendance goals at the gym, weigh and measure everything - even 0 pt foods, attend a meeting every week, track every bite, listen to @fatdag podcasts, join Facebook pages like wwover50, interact on the most positive social media - Connect.

This is why Weight Watchers works. Everywhere I turn there are people willing to help ME. They are so generous with their support for ME! When I feel disappointed someone notices ME.

I spend a lot of time writing on Connect (Weight Watchers Social Media similar to Facebook) and on FB to help YOU. However, I found on this journey helping YOU also helps ME. This is why we are becoming new people on the inside as well as on the outside.

This journey isn't with the company called Weight Watchers it is really that we are building a connection with people. It is being a support to others. It is noticing how we can help when someone needs a boost. It is learning how to be kind to ourselves. Thank you for every little thing you do because together we are changing the world.

No comments: