Saturday, March 10, 2018

Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad




Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad

From
Jennifer Pierce Health Website
Click on picture to find more


Dressing
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
ZEST of one lemon
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp shallot, finely minced
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
1/8 tsp kosher salt
Pinch black pepper
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil (I used Walden Farms Honey Mustard for 0 points)
I added 1/4 cup honey
Salad
3 c thinly sliced kale (approx 1/2 a bunch)
1 lb Brussels sprouts, finely shredded using a mandolin or sharp knife
2 cups shredded zucchini
3-4 slices turkey bacon, baked and chopped (I used Al Fresco Chicken Bacon)
1/4 c roasted almonds, chopped (I didn't roast)
1/2 c Pecorino cheese, finely grated
I added 1 cup blueberries
I mixed the dressing and stored in refrigerator. I like to add at the last minute.
Add everything for the salad but the dressing and the almonds. Store in refrigerator.
Just before serving add the dressing and almonds to the salad. This salad serves 6 generous portions - 1 Smart Point.

No comments: