Sunday, March 4, 2018

If there is an elephant in the room...

Today I cried at church. At the end of Mass Fr. Steve said, "If there is an elephant in the room it's best to acknowledge it."

A priest from our Diocese was charged with sexual crimes as well as furnishing drugs and alcohol to boys. There is such pain and anger and betrayal.


Fr. Steve wonders how the parishioners can trust the other priests. He mentioned the words in the David Haas song, "Will you let me be your servant let me be as Christ to you?" He apologized to us that this has happened.

I can't imagine how much sadness this must bring to the priests, our Bishop and the parishioners that trusted that man.

God, I ask for patience and understanding because I don't want to face this trial to come. The news reports there are so many complaints since this arrest - against more priests in our Diocese of Saginaw.

This is a sad day.

No comments: