Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Thanksgiving Dinner Test


I tested my Thanksgiving dinner. We had four friends over and I forgot to take pictures! But it was delicious.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is the stuffing. I got it down to 2 pts for 3/4 cup and everyone loved it.


My secret was half of the bread was actually Kodiak pancakes. When I made the pancakes I added onins, celery, sage.  To the cut u pancakes added 3 cups of vegetables diced small to bulk it up (recipe follow). The pumpkin tarts is in the recipes in Weight Watchers online. The potatoes are boiled potatoes crushed drizzled with a bit of olive oil and baked at 350 until crispy. Squash was 2 pts because I added butter - worth it!

Thanksgiving Dinner

Turkey 4 oz.              0 pt
Stuffing 3/4 cup.       2 pt
Squash 1/2 cup.        2 pt
Potatoes 3/4 cup.      3 pt
Gravy 2 TBS.             2 pt
Salad.                         0 pt
Pumpkin Tarts 2.     2 pt
Wine 5 oz.                 4 pt

15 pts including dessert and 1 glass of wine.

Stuffing

1 cup onion diced small
1 cup celery diced small
1 cup zucchini peeled and diced small
2 egg whites or 1/2 cup Egg beaters
1/2 cup chicken broth
10 slices 1 pt bread sprayed with butter spray (up to 30 sprays divided among the bread)
3/4 cup Kodiak pancake mix with enough water to make pancakes.

Salt, pepper, sage, Mrs. Dash

Make 8 small pancakes let cool while dicing veggies. Spray bread with butter spray. Cut bread and pancakes into small cubes.

Combine all ingredients. Season. Bake in 350 for 1 hr. Each serving 3/4 cup - serves 8 - 2 smart points per serving.

Squash
Bake 4 medium squash
Remove seeds and skin
1/4 cup butter
Salt, pepper, Chile Lime seasoning

Serving 1/2 cup - serves 12 - 2 smart points


No comments: