Sunday, September 3, 2017

Apple Pie!

I did it!
This is Michigan... This is September... This is a piece of 4 SP Apple Pie! Yum!



I knew if I only did a top crust I could reduce the points. I made the crust first. I wanted to only use 3/4 cup of flour (9) and 6 TBS light butter (20), 1/4 tsp salt and enough ice water to make it combine into a ball. But I ran into a problem with not enough ingredients to make the food processor work. So I used 1 cup of flour and 7 TBS of butter. After combining the crust I patted it into a pile and covered it with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator.

I used 10 small to medium apples and I had 2 large apples that I threw in to use them up. 2 TBS sugar (6) and 2 tsp cinnamon. Sliced the apples very thin. Sprinkled the sugar and cinnamon over and mixed well so all slices were covered.

I used a 8x12 rectangle Pyrex dish. Piled the apples high in it and rolled out the crust. I rolled it thin leaving it thicker on the edges. After placing the crust on the apples I cut off a couple inches all around. Bringing the ingredients back down to 3/4 cup of flour and 6 TBS butter!

I baked it at 400° for 40 minutes. I cut it into 8 pieces. 1 piece 4 SP and it was delicious. The crust was buttery and flaky. The apples were tart and a little sweet. This is one of the reasons I love September in Michigan and I was determined to make it point friendly.




No comments: