Saturday, August 12, 2017

Salmon Ragu

Oh this was delicious. Meijer has wonderful salmon steaks with crab stuffing in the middle. They were in sale today so I had to use them for dinner.

Meijer did not have any zucchini! We went to the farmer stall on Tittabawassee Rd. She had 1 medium and two very large. She said it is the first to go! But she had tons of summer squash so I bought 6 if those and the lonely little zucchini.  She had beautiful ripe tomatoes so I bought a bag if those.

When I got home I cleaned and spiralized the squash and zucchini. They filled two Rubbermaid containers. Then I cleaned, cored and quattered the tomatoes. I cooked them wirh salt, pepper, garlic and parsley. First covered. After 20 minutes i drained the water away. Added a jar of sauce and skimmed the skins off. Simmered without the cover.

Put the salmon under the broiler. Spread out a cookie sheet of zucchini and put that in the oven with the salmon. It took 20 minutes.

Took the zoodles and put them in a two bowls. Spooned sauce over it. Cut the salmon into bite size pieces and placed on top of the sauce.

Oh yum... So good I ate half if it before taking a picture. That little blackened area is the crab broiled just right. It was crunchy deliciousness. And the rest if the crab thickened the sauce.



8 tomatoes
Salt, pepper, garlic,parsley 
1 jar sauce
3 cups zoodles
2 salmon steaks with crab

0 sp salmon 
2 sp crab
0 sp sauce
0 sp summer squash

2 Freestyle sp for a huge bowl



No comments: