Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Back Together

Bill and Amy and Jim and Jan came to dinner tonight. We haven't been all together in three weeks. It was so good to have us all talking and laughing.

Made chicken cacciatore for dinner.



Homemade sauce with fresh tomatoes.

I cooked chicken yesterday in chicken broth and put in refrigerator. Today I cut the cooked chicken into cubes, shook them in a bag of seasoned flour. Melted one Tablespoon of butter (I used to use a whole stick) and sprayed Pam. Browned the chicken and added it to the sauce. Added diced onions, celery and green peppers to the same pan I browned the chicken in.  When cooked added to sauce.

The zoodles I spiralized this afternoon and two hours before I needed them I put them in a 400 degree oven and after a few minutes I turned off the oven and left the zoodles in the closed oven.

Added the zoodles to the sauce. It was delicious.

No comments: