Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Shrimp Alfredo

My fixes worked - this was not only delicious, it looked good too.



I had a manual spiralizer, but I didn't use it very often because it was difficult to use. Yesterday we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy another one that looked easier to use. But when Pat saw the attachment for the Kitchenaid he talked me into spending $100.

It was such a good buy!
Easy to use.

Last night I tried to make Shrimp Alfredo. It was delicious, but it curdled right after I took this picture. So I went to the Internet hoping to find a fix.


So... here is my hopeful fix. Bill, Amy, Jim and Jan are going to be my victims.

Shrimp Alfredo
Serves 6 generous portions
3 Freestyle points
6 Smart points

2# Shrimp
12 small zucchini
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery

3/4 cup grated parmesan
3/4 cup mozzarella
2 containers Greek Yogurt - 1/2 hr out of frig
3 wedges pepper jack Laughing Cow cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
Lemon zest
1 TBS cornstarch
Mrs. Dash, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and parsley.

Sauce
Mix in serving bowl
Yogurt
Parmesan
Mozzarella
Laughing Cow cheese


Saute shrimp with seasoning. Remove from pan. Combine zest and lemon juice pour over cooked shrimp.

Sprinkle cornstarch over zoodles. Saute with seasoning. Remove from heat add to sauce and combine.

Top with shrimp and combine.









No comments: