Monday, August 11, 2014

St. Mary All Class Reunion

I had such a nice time. Joanna, Caroline, Danielle and Sheala took over the registration and told Pat and me to go have fun. So we did!

I saw so many friends from years ago. Some I had not seen since school.  One person, Marty left St. Mary's after sixth grade. His sister talked him into coming with her. We were so happy to see him. Cathy was another friend we hadn't seen since graduation.

But my favorite thing was sitting with Bette Jo and Velma for about a half hour. They were my Mom's good friends. They miss her as much as I do. They were so pleased to see Sheala. They anticipated her birth and spent a most amazing day with Sheala at my Mom's bedside the day before she died.

It was a fun night filled with memories and laughter. Even got to smack my lockermate for being bad. Doesn't get any better than that.

No comments: