Thursday, January 23, 2014

Salmon

We had a delicious dinner. I began with my niece, Kim 's, basic soy marinade. She uses it for shrimp. I added a couple ingredients and took one out!

Mix
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 TBS garlic puree
1 tsp sesame seeds
Juice of 1 lime
1 TBS Brown sugar

Cover cookie sheet with raised edges with foil - THIS IS IMPORTANT.  Cover the second pan for the squash at the same time. No clean up and it would have been bad without it.

Put the salmon skin side down on the foil
Pour the marinade over the salmon

Broil until the salmon pulls away easily with a fork. About 12 minutes. I basted it once. I also turned the pan a couple times.

The edges turn dark and crispy and the salmon pulls away from the skin to serve. The marinade on the foil was dark and stuck to the foil.

At the same time I cooked the squash cubes with salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash and olive oil. When the fish was done I let it sit on top of the stove as I moved the foil lined pan the squash was on to the top shelf.

Another six minutes and the squash was done. Served with rice. Pat and I both thought it was the best dinner.

No comments: