Friday, January 3, 2014

Meat Pie!

I finally made a great meat pie. Pat's favorite food. Every time I made it the potatoes and the meat just didn't meld together right. It seemed the meat and potatoes stayed separate.

Now when I make meatloaf and baked potatoes I make three extra potatoes. Then I combine the leftover half a meatloaf with the potatoes and mash up and refrigerate overnight. Keep 1/4 cup of the drippings from the meatloaf and refrigerate that separately.

Today I made the piecrust. Then heated up the meat and potatoes. I added garlic powder, sage, Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper. Mixed well and added it to the piecrust. Make a small hole in the middle of the pie filling.

Take the leftover drippings and discard the fat layer. Put a tablespoon of the drippings in the hole. Cover with the top crust.

Bake for 40 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

No comments: