Saturday, June 29, 2013

Fran came into town yesterday - I offered to make lunch, but when I left a message on her phone that said, "Do you like broccoli in your quiche?" She called back and said, "No, I do not like broccoli and I do not like quiche, we can go to Tony's!"

Ah - the usual response from anyone that grew up in Saginaw and moved away - they want a steak sandwich from Tony's!

It was delicious!!!

Then we went to the cemetery to find her Dad's parents grave.  She couldn't find it and the cemetery office gave her a sheet with a listing of everyone close by so if she found one of those names she would know she was getting close.  Guess who was on the bottom of the page?  Florence and James Shea!

So we found them - I was upset to see Grandma's gravestone very uneven from all the rain I would guess.  I will have to check with the office to see if they can fix it.

Then we went to the Veteran's Memorial at Hoyt Park.  We were not happy to see that most of the bricks that Fran and her family have purchased are no longer readable.  The black has washed away.  She is going to contact them!

Then we drove past Hoyt Street - the people living in her house are painting it YELLOW!  No more green.  But as consolation the yellow is as bright as the green!

Then past Tony's empty lot, Martha Street Market and through Ojibway on our way back home.

Good trip - ME

No comments: