Friday, May 17, 2013

Pentecost

 
Pentecost meets inspiration from Chihuly! The first time I saw the purple glass tubes we were in Rhode Island - when I turned the corner and saw all the purple I started crying. It was Lent.

When we went to Arizona and I saw the red ones I thought - Pentecost.

And then 18 years later when I saw the plastic florescent light covers at a hardware store going out of business sale I just knew it could work.

Then we went to the restore in Ann Arbor and found the glass globes to use as stands.

A trip to the dollar store and two rolls of red cellophane later we had the beginnings of the Pentecost display.

I love this one - it is simple and thought provoking. It screams Pentecost to me. Thank you God for guiding inspiration in my life.
 

1 comment:

Mary Andrews said...

It is gorgeous!!! I knew you could do it. I didn't think anything could top last year. Maybe it is my love of Chihuly, but you topped last year.
Mary Lynn