Monday, April 8, 2013

Garlic Knots

I'm cooking Italian tonight. I have never attempted garlic rolls so I thought I would try them for a dinner party tonight. Pat and I just tasted them - note the hole! They are delicious!

Garlic butter
I cut the top off a head of garlic, set the top back on and wrapped it in foil and baked 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Turned off the oven and waited until cool. Squeezed garlic out of skins.

Melt 1/4 cup butter
Add garlic as prepared above
3 Tbs parsley
1 tsp garlic powder

I used this recipe for rolls

My Sister Kathy's Rolls

When the dough was ready, I rolled out half of it and spread the butter mixture on top. Sprinkled with Parmesan Shredded Cheese.

Cut the dough into 1/2 inch strips. Fold each strip in half and tie into a knot.

Place them in a cake pan. Let rise. Bake 350 for 20 minutes.

I made regular white dinner rolls out of the rest of the dough.




No comments: