Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dinner

We had an impromptu dinner party last night because my stupid phone I hate isn't working properly.

Amy sent an empty text. It looked on my phone that she was sending a picture. So I called her and told her I didn't get it. She said Bill was going to cantor at 5:00. So I invited them for dinner. Then I got another text that was empty. So I called Jan and invited Jim and Jan. Then I called Olympia and she was available! It was all coming together.

Pat and I were cooking fools all day. A cake with a cream cheese topping, a cucumber salad, homemade rolls, a double meatloaf and a double scalloped potatoes. I put the meatloaf and potatoes in the oven and hoped they wouldn't burn while we were at church.

At church we found out it was Fr. Jack's birthday. So after Mass as we flew out of the church I asked him what he was doing and would he like to come to dinner. He said yes and asked where we wanted to go. I laughed and told him I was cooking!

It was just a fluke that he could even come for dinner on his birthday. His sister had to change their dinner to next week so he didn't have plans.

We had such an enjoyable night. The food turned out-although a bit dark from cooking so long. Lots of stories and laughter.  I just love being surrounded by our good friends, sitting around reminiscing.



No comments: