Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

I am thankful for so many blessings this Christmas morning.

Family
For a family that loves to get together and gets along when they do! Joanna, Robin, Sheala and Robbie; Caroline and Jesse, Javie, Ayva and Romeo.  Eleven of us in the living room last night laughing, tickling, drinking hot chocolate and eating snacks.  The best gift of all was present in the room, love.

For the best Christmas card ever from the Hinz Family!

SS. Peter and Paul
We had such a beautiful service last night. Fr. Jack healing from his hip surgery was at his best. He mentioned the 5:00 people sat in their seats just looking at him when he asked "How do you describe love!" Well, not the 9:00 people!  The last answer from the back of the church was, "Even if you are mad as hell, you still take care of the one you love."  Our friend Bill cantored which is always a treat. Something made me smile, I looked at Jack who was watching for my reaction and we both smiled at each other. I truly feel at home in this parish.

Keep on Truckin' Team Jayden
Following the goodwill brought about by the death of a small boy.  Jayden Lamb may have lost his fight with cancer, but the young boy and his family have changed us forever.  Keep on Truckin' Team Jayden is a facebook page that follows the world as it pays it forward Jayden style. From a diamond ring dropped in a Salvation Army bucket to a Starbuck's coffee paid for by a previous customer, everyone is finding different ways to connect with strangers with acts of kindness. I love reading so many heart warming stories. We have been inspired to do something to pay it forward, too.

Friends
The people you choose to have in your lives because they are so special. They make us laugh, they make us think, they bring us joy.

My Books
It is amazing to me that 419 of the Saginaw Series books have been downloaded! I love writing. As I work on the Holiday Series I am more than thankful that God continues to send inspiration my way.

So many blessings!.



No comments: