Sunday, December 30, 2012

Aunt ME and Uncle Pat Time











Such a great visit with the Nobles. I have often said how much I love being an aunt. This time spent in Tulsa filled my heart to the brim with the chance to be an aunt.

Mary - when we went for all the Noble Baptisms Uncle Pat, Joanna, Caroline and I would come in the door and totally ignore the new baby. We would each take a child and wait until that child said there was a new baby and invite us to we go see the baby. Mary being the baby of the family never got a chance to do that. So, I stayed with Mary until she told me about her. (Although I think her Mom had to tell Mary to tell me about her!) Mary gave the best directions on our adventures. When we went to Goodwill every time she picked something out for herself her Mom would covet it and Mary would happily give it to her. She has a generous soul.

Sarah - is such a gentle mother. My favorite moment was watching her go through a cookbook trying to find the perfect cake recipe. (WHICH SHE DID!!) She had Ella next to her on the floor. Sarah had a difficult time paying attention to the book. Ella was kicking her feet and gurgling happily. Sarah just couldn't resist touching her tummy and lovingly murmuring sweet things to her daughter instead of reading.

Liz - went to the store with Uncle Pat. On the way back to the hotel he said he had so much fun with Liz on that trip. He said they were laughing and talking so much they almost missed two turns. Now you all know Pat - only Liz makes him that happy. I most enjoyed watching her rock Ella the last night we were there. It is fun watching my niece be an aunt!

David - the Godfather. As usual he made fabulous food for us to eat! He is a great chef and knows how important it is to have the food look like art and taste like heaven! Pizza with little red potatoes, ricotta cheese and rosemary! Oh goodness it was great. He also is so witty. You have to listen closely, he cracks me up.

Theresa - the Godmother that Skyped in from Boston. She alternated between smiling from ear to ear to wiping the tears away. I love reading her fabulous blog, she teaches this old aunt to think and pray more. The blessing she is to this family is immeasurable. She was present the whole time we were there.

Ella - I have never seen such a content and happy baby. I had lots of cuddling time. She laughs and smiles all the time. I had her sticking her tongue out at me before we left -  is there anything more fun than that?

The trip was so much fun. We went to Goodwill, Whole Foods, the Flea Market, Old School Bagel and Antoinette Baking Co.

Jane and Chris were the perfect hosts. We felt right at home in their lovely home. Chris loves to interact with his kids and you can tell they love it, too. We didn't get a gorilla story though, we will have to go back.

And I got to sit next to Jane and put my head on her shoulder - that was as close to feeling like I was with Mom ever. You know I loved that.

One time my cousin, Elise, told me "There is nothing like sharing memories with someone from your childhood." She was so right, the time spent with my sister was wonderful.

No comments: