Saturday, September 8, 2012

40 Years!

Yes, I am the luckiest woman alive! Married to Patrick for forty years. I know we have always worked hard at being happy with what we had, never wasting the happiness wishing for more. We often tell each other how happy we are to be married to each other.

Of course I still dream about winning the lottery and make lists in my head of all the houses and junk we don't need we would buy! But that is just dreaming and having fun.

We have had a few major disagreements, I remember three. It took a bit of extra work to get through those. We have had hundreds of minor ones, that is where compromise comes in.

The reality is that life is filled with ups and downs. Sometimes it takes all your energy to get through to the next minute. Every single time I have needed to be lifted up Patrick has been there. I love that man!

No comments: