Friday, July 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I found a great blog, Michelle is the Brown Eyed Baker. She had a great idea for making the top of the cookies look great. There is a good explanation on another recipe on her blog - just follow the link from the oatmeal cookie recipe.

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/02/24/peanut-butter-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies

I was looking for an oatmeal cookie recipe that would be less sweet than I have made before. I used the handy recipe blog search (look on the right hand side of this blog.)

I decided not to add chocolate chips. I also was out of brown sugar so I put a few squirts of maple syrup instead, added more oats to compensate for the liquid and I cut down the white sugar a bit.

The result was a thick, chewy, not too sweet cookie that really may be the best cookies I ever made.

Yum!


No comments: