Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Planning the 60th

We got together at John and Mary Beth Looby's home for our last planning for the Class of 70 birthday bash to be held at Tom and Steve's Fandangles' in Flushing on August 25th. Clarence Lum moved back to Saginaw and he joined in the planning. We had a fabulous dinner - John grilled Salmon and Steak and Mary Beth made yummy potatotes and dessert. I brought grilled veggies.

Clarence took beautiful pictures of the garden where we had our dinner. I don't know how they manage such a huge garden. Clarence told me I could use some of his pictures on the blog. Thank you, they are great pictures!



St. Francis of Assisi watching over the flowers



I think these are Morning Glories



The veggie tray I took to the dinner. Mary Beth the recipe is easy - clean and cut the veggies put them on a cookie sheet covered with foil, drizzle with olive oil and season. Beans - dill, Tomatoes - oregano and parmesean cheese, Peppers - oregano, asparagus - thyme and parmesean cheese, zuccini and summer squash - oregano and parmesean cheese. Then I put Mrs. Dash over all of them. Roast them in a 425 degree oven for about 25 minutes. They are delicious hot or at room temperature.


A dinner plate loaded with goodies


A cute sign, "Leave Room in the Garden for the Angels to Dance"

No comments: