Thursday, January 19, 2012

OH YUM! Roasted Sweetness


We were at Meijer and there were tons of grape tomatoes on the sell fast display.  They still looked great and I actually only threw out about 7 tomatoes after washing and drying them.  We were going to a potluck at church and I bought tons!  I looked up an Barefoot Contessa recipe and used that as a base recipe.  Covered two cookie sheets with foil and doused them with a mixture of:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 cloves of garlic minced (I used my planer - I love to mince garlic that way)
1 TBS Mrs. Dash
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp garlic powder

Roast at 450 for 20 minutes.  They were sweet and juicy and YUMMMMMMMY! You can toss with pasta and serve warm, or put them on garlic toast just the way they are or east them room temperature. 

No comments: