Monday, December 26, 2011

Altered Book

I was looking at the pictures of the altered book I made my friend, Amy. I don't think I ever posted any of them. I really would like to do another one. It does take over the computer room - so I would have to really, really want to do another one.

There is so much drying time when making one that you have to leave it open on the page you are working on for a bit.

Amy and I both love hummingbirds - I searched for just the right book to use for months before I found this one. I wanted to make memories about her Mom who had passed away. Her husband, Bill, helped me by providing many pictures that I scanned in and printed out - I didn't want to use her originals. We also found some of Amy's hair her mother had saved.

This was so beautiful when it was done - I still love it.

Here is the outside of the book:

This is the section that I used the locket and hair:


I used old wallpaper books for many of the backgrounds. One picture was her Mom outside with Amy on the grass next to her, another one her Mom sitting in a chair outside, and one with her friends. I put the backgrounds of the beach and a lighthouse and a library in France and a gazebo.

No comments: