Friday, August 5, 2011

House on Hoyt

There was an article in the Saginaw News about a house that was demolished on Hoyt Street. It wasn't ours - it was the house next to ours.

When we first moved to Hoyt Street Mrs. Colvin lived there. She had a doll hospital and I loved going in there to see all her dolls. Then the Halbigs bought it and made apartments in it. They were beautiful apartments. My Mom's friend, Mary Reynolds lived in one. She taught Jane and I to knit in that apartment. We made booties and a hat for my cousin, Mary Lynn's first born, Tony.

The house had fallen into disrepair in the last several years and had become an eyesore. So much history lost.

1 comment:

Fran said...

My cousin, Kathy, sent me the link to that article. I had to ask if it was next your house. It is shame. It was a beautiful place.