Sunday, July 3, 2011

Visiting Friends Up North

We started the day going to three celebrations up north - well - it ended up being two!

First we stopped at Fran's cottage in Sand Lake. And of course that visit started with a couple Irish Wakes! Not the funeral type - the drink type. They were quite good. Rum, Blue Caracoa and orange juice. I had a nice chat with Fran catching up since our visit in Florida. Then she said I should go through the jewelry. Last night everyone that was there went through what she brought with her. I couldn't wait to find a couple treasures that were from her Mom, Patsy or her Grandma, Helen, or her Great Aunt, Honey or Great Grandma, Ma.

When they moved to Hoyt Street they all lived in the same house. And it was always an adventure going over there. So I had fun going through coin purses, bags, and a couple shoe boxes. I picked out three things. A little single pearl drop necklace, a pair of earrings with gold and green beads that I will forever each year wear on THE HIGH HOLY DAY, ST. PATRICK'S DAY, and a little hair clip with little pearl seeds on it. She didn't know who wore these pieces but since it could have been any one of them they mean a lot to me.

Then I found a message on Facebook from my friend Jeri that said "Did I remember to tell you the fireworks were moved to Monday?" Shoot. Not sure we can go back up tomorrow.

Then off to Jim and Jo Ann's. The cottage filled with family and friends. It also was a very nice visit. Then we decided to drive by Jeri and John's one more time but no cars. So we are now on our way home.

It was a good day visiting friends. Thanks Fran - I love my pieces of jewelry from your family treasures.

No comments: