Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Mary Ellen and Jane in 1962 - This was on the front page of The Saginaw News



A Poem for My Sister Jane

Sister, friend, daughter, mother, aunt and wife
So many ways to be thought of during just one life
You Jane, are my sister and close personal friend
Someone upon whom I can always depend
Today is the wonderful celebration of your birth
Which fills me with memories and cheerful mirth
You make me wiser, happier and filled with joy
And my wish for you today is a beautiful day to enjoy

2 comments:

Jane said...

That is so sweet!!! You're a sweetie, sister dear :) I read it to Mary and she is very impressed. Thank you - for the poem and for the picture - just the beginning of a lifetime of being non-photogenic! (BTW - wasn't there something about the pants in that picture :))

mesc said...

Don't have a clue about the pants in this picture, but remember going to Ojibway for Mary Reynolds to take pictures? My pants were ripped in that one! LOL!