Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trying Out New Recipes

I always like to try new things. This week I have been trying out new recipes for our annual camping trip with Amy and Bill and Jan and Jim. We take turns cooking for the group. I have lunch dinner and appetizers picked out but I'm still not sure about breakfast.

The new appetizer is an apple/onion tart with dried cranberries and blue cheese along with an old favorite, spinach balls. I can make the tart ahead and have the spinach balls frozen ahead of time and just pop them in the oven for a few minutes.

Lunch is called a "walking taco" that we had at one of the high school craft shows last winter. You just take single serving Fritos or Dorritos and open the bags and add chili. Each person can add lettuce, tomatoes and onions. You eat it right out of the bag. Easy cleanup and very delicious.

Dinner will be turkey sausage pizza. We purchased the pizza stone last month and even though I haven't perfected it yet I still have time to keep working on it.

So breakfast is still not chosen - I will continue searching the websites for something new. If you have any suggestions I would love to have you leave me a comment. Thanks.

No comments: